The feminist podcast for South Asian women, winning awards & hearts
- A top feminist podcast, winner of 5 British Podcast Awards across 2019, 2020 & 2022
- Now a Spotify Original Podcast, Masala Podcast won the Spotify SoundUp competition 2018 for diverse podcasters
- Featured in The Guardian, BBC Radio, Cosmopolitan, Stylist Magazine, The Evening Standard, Sunday Times, Eastern Eye, Huffington Post, Women’s Health Australia, India’s Deccan Herald & many other publications worldwide
- Seen as a top feminist podcast, bringing rarely heard experiences & narratives from South Asian womxn into mainstream media
- Masala Podcast is all about taboo topics, exploring issues relevant to feminists worldwide like Female Sexual Pleasure, Porn, Periods, Menopause, Mental Health, Motherhood, Mental Health & our favourite: Nipple Hair
- Featuring some of the world’s best known South Asian womxn like musician Anoushka Shankar, TV Presenter Anita Rani, British comedian Shazia Mirza, Indian American comedian Zarna Garg, Kamasutra expert Seema Anand, weightlifter Poorna Bell & other amazing female-identifying voices
- A podcast creating social change • Interviews with poets, porn stars, comedians, burlesque dancers, drag queens, mental health specialists, acclaimed writers as well as queer & non-binary folks • With reflections & personal experiences from creator Sangeeta Pillai on being a South Asian feminist
WINNER OF MULTIPLE PODCAST AWARDS
ABOUT SANGEETA PILLAI
Sangeeta grew up in a traditional family in India, spending her early years in a Mumbai slum. As a young child, she saw her mother being abused violently daily by her alcoholic father. This led her to battle all her life to have different choices as a woman & to become a staunch feminist.
She set up Soul Sutras & Masala Podcast so South Asian womxn could have open discussions around taboo topics, thus removing the shame and trauma often attached to them. And helping everyone heal together.
Sangeeta feels she couldn’t help her mother. But she can help other South Asian women with her work.
Sangeeta Pillai’s network is also behind the Masala Monologues series of writing workshops & theatre shows in the UK & the US.
LOVED BY LISTENERS
BBC Radio 2
The Evening Standard
Women’s Health Australia
Sunday Times, Pod Bible Podcast supplement
‘I May Destroy You’ on BBC One
Brown Girl Magazine
Soundfly: 14 Women Pioneers of Podcasting
Winner of Spotify SoundUp 2018
Masala Podcast was one of the winners at the first ever Spotify SoundUp competition in 2018, to discover new WOC podcasters, and change things up in the world of podcasting usually dominated by white cis men.
For any further details including hi-res images or podcast details, please contact: